FAQ – The Experience
Q-Everlasting beautiful memories?
Ans-Children grow up too fast! Their beauty, humour and personality constantly amaze us and parents strive to preserve that in a timeless way with family portraits. A family photo session allows parents to spend quality time with their babies and children, and then have everlasting beautiful “printed memories” of those natural and authentic moments that slip by all too quickly. That’s why I am so happy to be having such wonderful clients, that understand the important role the emotion plays in family photography and spend the morning engaging in fun activities and making the children happy so I could capture those memories for them.
Q- My style?
Ans- Well, quite simply, a documentary photographer should be all about telling a story. My style is natural and organic, I try at every photo session to capture the essence of the family I am working with. If I can even show just a glimpse of the love and connection between family members I am happy. You will hear me say a lot “get closer together”, “touch your heads”, “hold hands”, “give a big hug” and so on. I am all about capturing family dynamics and love. During a family portrait session we snuggle, we play, we move, we simply take in the beautiful environment whilst I capture loving moments of connection.
There will be no need to look at the camera non-stop, my family sessions are all about genuine emotions and beautiful images that you can’t wait to hang on your walls. If lifestyle and real moments are your jam, then I am your best friend! Your love for your children is my magic ingredient for beautiful family photos. Engage with them, hug them, cuddle them, play with them and my camera will be the witness capturing this timeless magic. Your magic!
Ans- The focus during a shoot is always to capture loving moments of connection, therefore I do not use props. If you have something special in mind and something personal to you, thank you for letting me know.
Ans- I am a London based photographer, but I am happy to travel to other destinations throughout the UK and Europe. Most of my baby and children shoots are organized in London’s parks. Luckily, London had so many beautiful parks that offer an amazing backdrop for natural and dynamic family portraits. Also, from my experience, children tend to be happier in parks, where they can chase squirrels, feed ducks, play around the fountains or on the playground.
One of the reasons I love my job is that I get to meet families from all over the world that visit our beautiful city on babymoon & honeymoon tours, family holidays & anniversaries, it’s so humbling to be a part of their happy stories! That’s why London landmarks photo shoots are so popular. Most of my clients prefer the iconic areas of Westminster, Tower Bridge, Notting Hill, Greenwich Village and St-Paul’s Cathedral. However, your location suggestions are welcomed.
Q-Duration and scheduling?
Ans – Our standard family sessions take about 2 hours, depending on the children’s energy. For babies and young children, we recommend choosing one or two locations within walking distance, as these sessions can be a bit overwhelming. For older children or adults, we can organize the session around two different locations if needed – your suggestions of London Sights to be incorporated in the final photos are always welcomed. For couple shoots, we allow about1.5hours
- Best time of the day. I try to arrange all the family portrait photoshoots bright and early in the morning when crowds can be avoided around London Landmarks; children can relax in Royal Parks and we can take photos without worrying about having too many people in the background. Also, nothing beats the gorgeous soft morning light. For couples, I recommend booking a sunrise shoot (the soft light will make you look magical!) or a golden hour shoot (two hours prior to sunset) if the forecast shows sunny weather.
- When? I am available weekdays and weekends for no extra cost. Once we agree on a session date and time, payment is due within one week of booking to hold your session date.
- What happens in case of illness? All details can be found underpricing.
- What happens in case of bad weather? I always make sure to check the forecast a couple of days before the shoot and in case of heavy rain on the morning of our shoot, we can reschedule for another date depending on your availability. However, we all know how hard it is to predict the London weather. It has often happened for BBC weather app to show sunny weather when it’s raining; or vice-versa. I find that most of the times a bit of light rain is the perfect opportunity for a coffee or snack break until the sky is cleared again and we can capture more smiles.
More on the weather. Why? Because we live in England:D
If you are not used to the British weather, the forecast sometimes feels overwhelming. In 11 years, I have become a weather detective, constantly checking the forecast with a non-trusting eye, but at the same time becoming super relaxed about it. A bit of light rain adds drama to the photos and that’s fine with me. The cloud movement is so fast here that quite often we have four different seasons in two hours! And I think this kind of weather goes perfectly with my photography style – I don’t look for perfect sunshine or the perfect mantelpiece photo, but for LOVE. My clients are people who don’t care if a bit of rain shows up in their photos or if the kids get dirty during our shoot. My only goal is to capture organic moments of connection, so if it’s cold – we put an extra layer on; if it rains – we jump in puddles; heavy rain – almost always means coffee break; sunshine – oh well, then you’re lucky! Trust me, lovingly interacting with your children is more priceless than any designer dress, these will be your most dear memories as they grow up!
Q – Booking?
Ans – A £200 deposit is required at the time of booking in order to secure your date. The remaining amount is due a week before the session. Sessions may be rescheduled due to illness or injury. If you need to reschedule, please contact us as soon as possible at 07898238268. There is no extra charge to reschedule due to illness, however if the photographer is already on location / the session is about to begin or has begun, there will be a £200 charge to reschedule. Sessions may be cancelled for no extra charge if you give us a 30-day notice, otherwise, we will retain the booking fee. Once the session has begun, there will be a £300 charge to cancel.
Q – What to wear?
Ans – I generally recommend you wear comfortable shoes and clothes in neutral or pastel colours to get the best out of your photography session. It’s also best to avoid wearing bright colours and large prints as these tend to steal the attention away from the happy smiles. Comfort is key though. During our shoot, we walk a lot, we run and lift kids up in the air, trust me, you will want the comfy shoes and the outfits that don’t require stiff poses. What about outfit changes you ask? Well, I don’t mind at all if we take time to change outfits in a nearby cafe, but from my experience – it is best to keep things as simple as possible. Children tend to be happier when we accommodate their needs and make the process more enjoyable for them, that’s why I would suggest sticking to one outfit if you have young kids. However, I will provide more tips and examples on how to add diversity to our shoot + a full PREP GUIDE once the session is booked.
Q – Final Products?
Ans – The final digital images are fully edited and provided as high-resolution JPG files. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the editing (most often sooner than that).
- The final images are high resolution and you will receive the rights to use print them for your personal printing needs.
- Please note that I do not provide RAW files, you will receive the best images that will be fully edited and you can use them for your personal printing needs and for social media use. My style is organic, I am more interested in love connections than anything else and the editing reflects that. I try to make the photos as natural as possible and flattering at the same time, but the soft touches do not include removing all wrinkles or editing tangled hair from the windy weather. The organic post-processing is there to give a bit of a boost to the already existing emotions.
All prints and FOLIO Box are printed using the very best in photo imaging equipment and the finest in archival fine art papers – combining for simply stunning images. Our FOLIO Box is printed using the latest pigment inks on to fine art paper and open out flat with an almost invisible crease – Please contact us via the contact page for a full pricing list.